At Sommerville Audiology, you will find the latest in hearing assistance and protection. From hearing aids and accessories to hearing protectors and more, you'll always find the latest technology from the industry's top manufacturers.
Styles of Hearing Aids
Hearing aids are worn either in the ear or behind the ear. The style you wear will depend on your hearing needs, any vision or dexterity issues, cosmetic concerns and budget.
These hearing aids include:
- Invisible-in-canal (IIC) devices that sit invisibly deep in the ear canal. They are designed for mild-to-moderate hearing loss.
- Completely-in-canal (CIC) models are worn entirely in the ear canal. They assist with mild-to-moderate hearing losses. Their invisibility makes them very popular.
- In-the-canal (ITC) hearing aids sit in the outer bowl of your ear. They are custom made for your ears, so they are comfortable. Because they are larger, they are easier to wear and adjust and have a longer battery life. This style is appropriate for mild and moderate hearing loss.
- Full-shell models cover the entire ear bowl. This larger size provides room for controls and features like directional microphones. It also makes room for a larger battery that can last longer and provide more power. This style if highly recommended for mild-to-severe hearing loss.
- Behind-the-ear (BTE) models include a portion worn in the ear and a portion worn behind the ear. They are suitable for individuals with mild-to-profound hearing loss.Mini BTE hearing aids have a case that hides behind the outer ear and an ultra-thin tube that channels sound into the ear. The tubing attaches to a soft tip that sits in the ear canal but doesn't block it. This open fitting allows for air and sound to enter the ear naturally around the tip while the amplified sound is delivered through the tip. It is recommended for mild-to-moderate high-frequency losses.
- The receiver-in-canal hearing aids look like mini BTEs, but the speaker is in the ear tip, instead of in the main body. This style helps people with mild-to-severe hearing losses.
- Some BTE models include an earmold. BTEs with earmolds are one of the few styles that help people with mild and severe hearing loss. The larger size can accommodate features like volume control or program buttons.
Exposure to noise is one of the most common causes of sensorineural hearing loss. You can protect your hearing with custom earplugs and earmolds. Special hearing protection devices are available to meet the unique needs of musicians and hunters.
Hearing Aid Products and Accessories by Manufacturer
Bluetooth Hearing Aids
Use Bluetooth technology to effortlessly pair your hearing aids to your television or another device to wirelessly stream the audio directly to your hearing aids. You hear clearly without affecting the volume others hear.
Replace your landline with a Captel captioning phone and never miss a conversation again. Captel phones have an easy to read display that captions the conversation in real-time.
Cell phone accessories
From custom earmolds to Bluetooth compatible devices that allow you to talk hands-free, Sommerville Audiology has the cell phone accessories you need to keep connected. Some hearing aids even have smartphone apps.
Electronic Shooter Protection (ESP)
Block out the harmful sound from gunfire while still allowing the sounds you need to hear through. Attenuators let you hear every twig snap but keep out damaging decibels.
Live the best when you hear your best. Oticon designs allow you to hear and comprehend speech naturally to interact fully in your life.
Excellent sound quality in an easy to use device. Phonak's family of hearing aids deliver clear, rich sounds.
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Don't fumble with battery doors and hassle with buying batteries. Rechargeable hearing aids charge overnight and are ready to go when you are.
Easy to wear and easy to customize are hallmarks of every ReSound product. Apps allow you to customize your hearing experience, and rechargeable options make wearing hearing aids easier than ever.
The smart choice to hear better in almost any environment. Rexton enhances speech, music and more so you hear clearly.
Experience the revolution in sound, streaming and charging from state-of-the-art hearing aid technology. The myControl App allows you to change settings and personalize your hearing experience with your smartphone.
Now you can have hearing aids that track your health and assist with hearing thanks to the artificial intelligence powering Starkey's latest hearing aids. Integrated sensors can even detect if you have fallen.
Unitron delivers smart hearing solutions that are changing the way people hear. Face the future with confidence, knowing you are hearing sounds as nature intended.
Smart hearing aids that look and sound spectacular. Widex hearing aids utilize machine learning technology so the more you wear them, the better they work and the more clearly you experience the world around you.
Schedule an appointment now and find out if hearing aids are right for you and get a free hearing aid battery charger.